BSB: Iddon quickest at Donington washout
Christian Iddon walks away quickest from the official MCE British Superbike Championship pre-season test after a washed out day at Donington Park.
After morning rainfall, the day started with a damp track and with temperatures on the low side, it was always unlikely to dry but further showers interrupted with the rest of the day.
Iddon’s time was set in a damp second session before a heavy shower fell on the Leicestershire track before the longer superbike session later this afternoon. While quickest, Iddon also fell victim to the tricky conditions of the Donington circuit with a fall at Goddard’s in the final session of the day.
Shane Byrne placed second quickest for Be Wiser Ducati as he returned to action for the first time since January. The 2016 champion completed 17 laps with the bike exactly how it was at Brands Hatch at the end of last year with the exception of a small modification to the fuel tank and seat unit.
- Chris Walker goes Hooligan at MCN Festival
- New KTM fuel-injected two-stokes imminent
- Norton and Johnson to set off from number one spot, McGuinness fifth
- In this week's issue: Blade war!
- Top 10 carbon helmets
Sylvain Guintoli was third for Bennetts Suzuki after completing more laps than any other rider throughout the day, ahead of Leon Haslam and James Westmoreland.
Glenn Irwin placed sixth for Be Wiser Ducati ahead of Michael Dunlop and Tommy Bridewell. Josh Brookes’ quickest lap of the day was set in a drenched final session, where he topped the timesheets from the few riders still on track.
Combined Superbike Times – Donington Test
- Christian Iddon – Tyco BMW – 1’42.674
- Shane Byrne – Be Wiser Ducati – 1’44.319
- Sylvain Guintoli – Bennetts Suzuki – 1’46.325
- Leon Haslam – JG Speedfit Kawasaki – 1’49.455
- James Westmoreland – Gearlink Kawasaki – 1’49.502
- Glenn Irwin – Be Wiser Ducati – 1’51.475
- Michael Dunlop – Bennetts Suzuki – 1’51.543
- Tommy Bridewell – Team WD40 – 1’51.710
- Josh Brookes – Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha – 1’52.044
- Davide Giugliano – Tyco BMW – 1’52.642
- Dan Linfoot – Honda Racing – 1’55.701
- Luke Mossey – JG Speedfit Kawasaki – 2’00.004
- Shaun Winfield – Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha – 2’08.123
- Jason O’Halloran – Honda Racing – 2’12.321