BSB: Yamaha Motor UK expands support in the R3 bLU cRU Challenge
Yamaha Motor UK’s R3 bLU cRU Challenge programme will be expanded for the 2021 campaign.
Applications are now open for riders join the series, which runs alongside the British Junior Supersport Championship. Brody Crockford represented the programme this year, winning two races on his way to third overall.
Related articles from MCN
- Bradley Perie and Rhys Irwin joins Appleyard Yamaha
- Brad Jones joins Joe Francis at PR Racing BMW
- Storm Stacey stays with GR Motorsport
Yamaha Motor UK will offer the two highest placed bLU cRU riders at the end of the season the chance to take part in the R3 bLU cRU Masterclass. Here, they will learn from other Yamaha riders as they attempt to secure a spot in the 2022 R3 bLU cRU Challenge, which runs within the World Supersport 300 championship.
Crescent Motorcycles, Verwood, and Raceways Motorcycles, Fleetwood, who run the PATA Yamaha WorldSBK Team and McAMS Yamaha British Superbike team respectively, have prepared race ready versions of the YZF-R3, built to the highest-specification permitted within the Junior Supersport rules.
The Yamaha programme looks to engage with, nurture and develop new riders and home-grown talent. The 2021 package will include a number of opportunities for the registered YZF-R3 riders, including:
- Technical assistance from McAMS Yamaha.
- Thursday track walks with Yamaha rider ambassadors.
- An opportunity to run in the well-known blue of Yamaha.
- Opportunities to feature in the official Yamaha Racing UK press and social media coverage.
- Workshops and seminars with Yamaha Racing ambassadors including BSB riders Jason O’Halloran and Tarran Mackenzie.
- Paddock Blue race wear.
Riders, aged between 14 and 20, wanting to take part can apply through an official Yamaha dealer. Other terms include the riding running the official bike livery and wearing R3 bLU cRU Challenge branded Paddock Blue clothing and leather suit designs.
The deadline for entries is Friday March 20. Riders must also be registered with MSVR for the Junior Supersport Championship by this time. Any Yamaha dealer can enter a rider into the series.