Ellison starts Qatar test
James Ellison began testing at the Losail circuit in Qatar on Sunday, February 5, 2006, alongside new team-mate Carlos Checa.
In addition to the two Tech 3 Yamaha riders, the Suzuki GP squad of John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen were also on track. Also riding were Kawasaki test rider Olivier Jacque and Ducati test rider Shinichi Itoh.
Read over 400 Bike Reviews. Click here
See over 1400 Product Reviews, including GP merchandise. Click here.
Ellison completed 73 laps, the most on the first day of testing, and managed a time of 2:00.12, just quicker than Chris Vermeulen,. The fastest rider was Carlos Checa with a time of 1:58.22. From Monday, the Camel Yamaha squad of Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards will join the test.
Qatar test day one: Unofficial times.
1. Carlos Checa (Yamaha Tech 3) 1:58.22. 68 laps.
2. John Hopkins (Suzuki MotoGP) 1:58.87. 60 laps.
3. Shinichi Itoh (Ducati) 1:59.80. 61 laps.
4. James Ellison (Yamaha Tech 3) 2:00.12. 73 laps.
5. Chris Vermeulen (Suzuki MotoGP) 2:00.65. 67 laps.
6. Olivier Jacque (Kawasaki) 2:00.91.