GP test back on track
Sete Gibernau has gone fastest on the third day of testing at Phillip Island as the track dries after the downpour on day two.
The Spanish rider sat out testing during the rain, but managed to complete 102 laps on the third and final day to set an unofficial time of 1:30.06, closely followed by Ducati team-mate Loris Capirossi on 1:30.25.
Third fastest was Marco Melandri on the Fortuna Honda, with 1:30.55. Nicky Hayden was fifth quickest but crashed in the afternoon, suffering a blow to his head and ending the test for the American. Dani Pedrosa was sixth quickest following his fall in the wet on the previous day, while Kenny Roberts Jr was eighth quickest on the KR Honda, using a new chassis.
Phillip Island unofficial day three times:
1. Sete Gibernau (Ducati) 1:30.06. 102 laps.
2. Loris Capirossi (Ducati) 1:30.25. 97 laps.
3. Marco Melandri (Honda) 1:30.55. 117 laps.
4. Shinya Nakano (Kawasaki) 1:30.65. 61 laps.
5. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 1:30.95. 95 laps.
6. Dani Pedrosa (Honda) 1:31.10. 96 laps.
7. Casey Stoner (Honda) 1:31.21. 80 laps.
8. Kenny Roberts Jr (KR Honda) 1:31.64. 70 laps.
9. Randy de Puniet (Kawasaki) 1:31.77. 81 laps.
10. Makoto Tamada (Honda) 1:31.87. 74 laps.
11. Toni Elias (Honda) 1:32.18. 69 laps.
12. Alex Hofmann (Ducati) 1:32.52 43 laps.
13. Jose Luis Cardoso (Ducati)