Smith's first GP test
Britain's newest and youngest GP star completed his first test for the Repsol Honda team he will race with in the 125GP series on Wednesday, February 1, 2006, chopping two seconds from his time over two days.
Bradley Smith only signed for the Honda team on January 27th, and began testing on February 1st at Catalunya, alongside the two top 250cc squads.
The 15-year-old finished the test with a best time of 1:53.6, using his bike from the 2005 Spanish Championship and completing 63 laps on the second day. Smith is back in the UK for a TV appearance on Friday, February 3, 2006 on Richard Hammond's 5 O'clock Show.
The fastest rider at the test was Andrea Dovizioso with a time of 1:47.3 on the Humangest Honda.
Unofficial test times:
1. Andrea Dovizioso (Humangest Honda) 1:47.3 (63 laps)
2. Sebas Porto (Repsol Honda) 1:48.5. (32 laps)
3. Yuki Takahashi (Humangest Honda) 1:49.2 (57 laps)
4. Shuhei Aoyama (Repsol Honda) 1:50.3. (68 laps)
1. Bradley Smith (Repsol Honda) 1:53.6 (63 laps)
Thinking of buying a bike? Click here
Browse product reviews. Click here