Smith tackles 125 rivals
British 15-year-old Bradley Smith looked to be learning fast after the second and final day of his first ever 125cc MotoGP official test.
2005 125cc MotoGP runner-up Mika Kallio was fastest at the official 125 test at Catalunya on March 1. And Tuesday’s fastest rider - Sergio Gadea - equalled his 1´51.365 lap, but saw it beat by Kallio, Pesek and Bautista.
New bike? Inspiration here
Bikes For Sale? Quality examples here
Need kit? 1550 reviews here But Smith improved on his 30th fastest from day one to move up to 23rd quickest by the end of the year's first official 125cc MotoGP test on his Repson Honda.
The top 10 on a dry, warm track were:
1. Mika Kallio - Red Bull KTM 1'50.849
2. Lukas Pesek - Derbi Racing 1'51.158
3. Álvaro Bautista - Master MVA Aspar 1'51.356
4. Sergio Gadea - Master MVA Aspar 1'51.365
5. Ángel Rodríguez - 3C Racing 1'51.382
6. Simone Corsi - Metis Gilera 1'51.495
7. Julián Simón - Red Bull KTM 1'51.499
8. Mattia Pasini - Master MVA Aspar 1'51.692
9. Pablo Nieto - Multimedia Racing 1'51.743
10. Thomas Lüthi - Elit Caffe Latte 1'51.821
250 MotoGP teams were also due out, from 2pm on March 1.