Sepang MotoGP: Win for Gabor Talmacsi takes 125cc GP title to final race in Spain
Gabor Talmacsi extended his championship lead with victory in the 125cc GP at Sepang, increasing his advantage from one point to ten over Hector Faubel.
Faubel started the race from pole position but was overhauled by Gabor Talmacsi, who was able to pull into a clear lead. Meanwhile Faubel, his Aspar Aprilia team-mate, was embroiled in an eight-rider battle for second position. Tomoyoshi Koyama took second, with Faubel managing to claim third with a pass on Joan Olive on the final lap.
British rider Bradley Smith had a great race, and finished in ninth place for Repsol Honda. Fellow Brit Danny Web finished in 22nd.
1. Talmacsi (Aprilia)
2. Koyama (KTM) +6.753secs
3. Faubel (Aprilia) +7.793secs
4. Olive (Aprilia) +8.180secs
5. Gadea (Aprilia) +8.947secs
6. Pesek (Derbi) +9.935secs
7. Corsi (Aprilia) +10.132secs
8. Pasini (Aprilia) +10.335secs
9. Smith (Honda) +23.426secs
10. Masbou (Honda) +24.808secs
22. Webb (Honda) +1min 8.541secs