Aspar Aprilia rider Alvaro Bautista has claimed the first pole of the season after the 250GP qualifying session was postponed due to heavy rain.
Bautista was the fastest of only two riders who managed to qualify in under 2.01 minuntes, with the second placed rider being Japan's Hiroshi Aoyama.
Aprilia riders Mike Di Meglio and Hector Barbera complete the front row of the grid.
Marco Simoncelli was absent from the session - and will be absent from the race - after breaking his right wrist while training on a motocross bike.
1. Bautista (Aprilia) 2min 0.677sec
2. Aoyama (Honda) +0.100sec
3. di Meglio (Aprilia) +0.436sec
4. Barbera (Aprilia) +0.497sec
5. Faubel (Honda) +0.959sec
6. Talmacsi (Aprilia) +1.016sec
7. Pasini (Aprilia) +1.022sec
8. Debon (Aprilia) +1.036sec
9. Luthi (Aprilia) +1.061sec
10. Locatelli (Gilera) +1.162sec