Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner took his sixth win of the season, finishing the Czech GP ahead of team mate Andrea Dovizioso and San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli, who managed his first podium finish of his MotoGP career.
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda), who had dominated practice and qualifying to start on pole, managed a strong start to lead, before Yamaha Factory rider Jorge Lorenzo relegated him to second on the second lap. Pedrosa then promptly crashed out of the race and Stoner stole the lead from Lorenzo, allowing him to create a gap at the front.
Andrea Dovizioso then closed the gap on Lorenzo, before passing him to take second place, whilst Simoncelli also was able to pass the Spaniard and maintain third to take his first podium finish.
Ben Spies closed the gap on his team mate, but was unable to challenge Lorenzo for fourth and finished the race in fifth place ahead of Ducati team mates Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden in sixth and seventh.
Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) finished in eighth, whilst his team mate Cal Crutchlow suffered a crash at the first corner, sliding in to the gravel in a shower of sparks. Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini) and Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar) completed the top ten.
Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing) also crashed at Brno but was able to rejoin the race, later retiring with mechanical problems. Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) crashed out, losing the front end whilst trying to challenge Rossi for sixth position.
1. 25 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.8 43'16.796
2. 20 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.4 +6.532
3. 16 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 164.3 +7.792
4. 13 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 164.2 +8.513
5. 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 164.1 +10.186
6. 10 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 164.0 +12.632
7. 9 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 163.3 +23.037
8. 8 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 163.3 +24.189
9. 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 163.2 +25.202
10. 6 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 162.5 +36.566
11. 5 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 162.5 +36.679
12. 4 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 162.5 +37.109
13. 3 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 161.7 +48.911
19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 159.3 6 Laps
17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 148.8 10 Laps
35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 161.8 16 Laps
26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 161.0 20 Laps