Casey Stoner ensured Honda continued dominating pre season testing by posting the fastest lap on the second day at Qatar.
The Aussie set a lap time of 1:55.681, just over half a second slower than the lap that put him on pole position at last year's race aboard the factory Ducati.
Team-mate Dani Pedrosa finished second, but American Ben Spies crashed the Honda party to record the third fastest time.
Honda riders Marco Simoncelli and Andrea Dovizioso rounded out the top five.
The surprise of the day was Randy De Puniet, who managed to post the sixth fastest time onboard his Pramac Racing Ducati ahead of World Champion Jorge Lorenzo in seventh.
- Don't miss the MCN 2011 MotoGP season preview - free with Wednesday March 16's MCN
Valentino Rossi could only managed 13th, after the Italian took another tumble onboard the Ducati.
Brit Cal Crutchlow finished 15th despite crashing an injuring his hand.
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 1m 55.681s (46)
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 55.745s (39)
3. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 56.294s (45)
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 56.433s (70)
5. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 56.439s (58)
6. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 1m 56.445s (67)
7. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 56.707s (48)
8. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 56.716s (57)
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 56.726s (68)
10. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 56.740s (73)
11. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar Team 1m 56.798s (62)
12. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 56.931s (63)
13. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 56.988s (50)
14. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 1m 57.345s (62)
15. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 57.730s (28)
16. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 57.846s (49)
17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 58.536s (57)