Flyaway races reordered in new MotoGP provisional calendar
MotoGP have issued a slightly amended provisional calendar for the 2014 season, with the flyaway races of Malaysia, Australia and Japan reorganised to mean that Sepang will now host the penultimate race of 2014.
Originally, the order was set as Sepang followed by the trip north to Motegi in Japan before Australia’s Philip Island and then back to Valencia for the traditional season finale.
The new race schedule will see Japan now become the first of the gruelling three weeks away, on October 12, before Philip Island a week after and Motegi as the final weekend of the flyaway trip.
The changes will cut the total distance the teams need to air-freight their equipment by thousands of miles, by flying a more direct route, and could be an important part of the decision.
The new Brazilian round remains as to-be-confirmed, with organisers giving the Autodromo Internacional Nelson Piquet until March 23rd 2014 to be up to spec.
- 23 March Qatar Losail
- 13 April Americas Austin
- 27 April Argentina Termas de Rio Hondo
- 04 May Spain Jerez de la Frontera
- 18 May France Le Mans
- 1 June Italy Mugello
- 15 June Catalunya Barcelona Catalunya
- 28 June Netherlands TT Assen
- 13 July Germany Sachsenring
- 10 August Indianapolis GP Indianapolis
- 17 August Czech Republic Brno
- 31 August Great Britain Silverstone
- 14 September San Marino & Riviera di Rimini Marco Simoncelli Misano
- 21 September Aragon MotorLand
- 28 September Brazil Brasilia
- 12 October Japan Motegi
- 19 October Australia Phillip Island
- 26 October Malaysia Sepang
- 09 November Valencia Ricardo Tormo-Valencia