British rider Sam Lowes has taken his maiden Moto2 victory, despite a few spots of rain falling during the race.
Frenchman Johann Zarco led into the first corner, with Lowes in second. Zarco led for the majority of the race, although he was unable to gap Lowes. Pole sitter Xavier Simeon was the only rider able to close the gap to the leading two.
With Lowes conscious of Simeon's pace, he moved into the lead at the end of lap 13, and despite running well wide into the first corner on lap 14, held onto until the chequered flag came out.
Simeon and Zarco collided a few laps later, resulting in Simeon crashing out of the race.
The third and final step on the podium went to Moto2 rookie Alex Rins, who now leads the championship ahead of Zarco, Jonas Folger and Lowes in fourth.
Reigning champion Tito Rabat continued his disappointing start to the 2015 season, bringing the Marc VDS Kalex home in fourth place.
1. Sam Lowes GBR Speed Up Racing (Speed Up) 41m 45.565s
2. Johann Zarco FRA Ajo Motorsport (Kalex) 41m 47.564s
3. Alex Rins SPA Paginas Amarillas HP 40 (Kalex) 41m 50.187s
4. Tito Rabat SPA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Kalex) 41m 54.540s
5. Franco Morbidelli ITA Italtrans Racing Team (Kalex) 41m 58.541s
6. Hafizh Syahrin MAL Petronas Raceline Malaysia (Kalex) 41m 59.733s
7. Anthony West AUS QMMF Racing Team (Speed Up) 42m 2.836s
8. Mika Kallio FIN Italtrans Racing Team (Kalex) 42m 3.078s
9. Julian Simon SPA QMMF Racing Team (Speed Up) 42m 3.254s
10. Takaaki Nakagami JPN IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia (Kalex) 42m 3.329s
11. Simone Corsi ITA Athinà Forward Racing (Kalex) 42m 3.547s
12. Thomas Luthi SWI Derendinger Racing Interwetten (Kalex) 42m 10.389s
13. Marcel Schrotter GER Tech 3 (Tech 3) 42m 11.581s
14. Sandro Cortese GER Dynavolt Intact GP (Kalex) 42m 13.021s
15. Alex Marquez SPA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Kalex) 42m 14.133s
16. Jonas Folger GER AGR Team (Kalex) 42m 15.454s
17. Ricard Cardus SPA Tech 3 (Tech 3) 42m 21.970s
18. Dominique Aegerter SWI Technomag Racing Interwetten (Kalex) 42m 24.258s
19. Azlan Shah MAL IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia (Kalex) 42m 26.146s
20. Robin Mulhauser SWI Technomag Racing Interwetten (Kalex) 42m 27.069s
21. Randy Krummenacher SWI JIR Racing Team (Kalex) 42m 36.036s
22. Louis Rossi FRA Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2 (Tech 3) 42m 54.390s
23. Thitipong Warokorn THA APH PTT The Pizza SAG (Kalex) 42m 56.555s
24. Jesko Raffin SWI sports-millions-EMWE-SAG (Kalex) 42m 56.703s
25. Florian Alt GER Octo Iodaracing Team (Suter) 43m 05.007s
26. Lorenzo Baldassarri ITA Athinà Forward Racing (Kalex) 43m 10.970s
27. Luis Salom SPA Paginas Amarillas HP 40 (Kalex) 43m 18.441s
Xavier Simeon BEL Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 (Kalex) DNF
Zaqhwan Zaidi MAL JPMoto Malaysia (Suter) DNF