Is Cal Crutchlow your MCN Man of the Year?
Each year, we award the motorcycle racer you think has most impressed with their results from across the year with the MCN Man of the Year trophy. With voting for the 2016 Man of the Year now open, we thought we’d take a more detailed look at some of the contenders:
At the start of the year, it looked as though Cal Crutchlow’s 2016 MotoGP season would be one to forget. He took no points from four out of the first five races and didn’t crack the top ten until round six at Catalunya.
However, he took a surprise podium in Germany before his entire season turned upside down at Brno as a crafty tyre choice would see him become the first British rider to win a premiere class Grand Prix since Barry Sheene in 1981.
- Top four motorbike films worth watching this Christmas
- Honda gets in on ride sharing with Grab
- 7 brilliant reasons to ride this week
- Day 14: MCN Great Christmas Giveaway!
- MotoGP: Scott Redding launches Monkey Fresh clothing brand
- 'Mum, Dad - I want to ride a motorbike'
It wasn’t a one off either, he fought valiantly to second place in front of his home crowd at Silverstone and then bettered the first, wet race win with a dry win at Phillip Island, beating Valentino Rossi to the top spot.
Is Cal your Man of the Year for 2016? Vote now by clicking here!