Brno Moto3: McPhee splashes to front row start
Petronas Sprinta rider John McPhee showed his continued front running pace to secure second position in a wet qualifying session at Brno. The 25 year old Scot looked comfortable on the fully wet track and having been fighting for the win in recent races and a former winner at Brno, he is well placed for tomorrows race.
I’ve been feeling really good, especially at the start of the weekend in FP1 where the conditions weren’t quite as good. And with the rain now the conditions could be similar tomorrow. The bike is working great, the team is working great…the whole package and now I feel like I’ve got a bike that wherever we turn up I can be fast.
“Like every race the win is the target, but it’s going to be a typical Moto3 battle where there will be at least 15 of us fighting for the win. I’ll dig deep and see what we can do.”
Italian Tony Arbolino secured his second pole position of the year, with the 19 year old untouchable in the wet conditions to take pole by 0.4s. Third position went to SIC58 rider Niccolo Antonelli.
1. Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) 2:18.020
2. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.400
3. Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.802
4. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.833
5. Raul Fernandez (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) + 0.855
6. Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 0.933
7. Makar Yurchenko (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) + 1.297
8. Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) + 1.329
9. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) + 1.699
10. Alonso Lopez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) + 2.055