Some facts and figures ahead of this weekend’s Grand Prix round at the historic Assen, from MotoGP’s historian and statistician Doctor Martin Raines.
- This weekend is the 250th MotoGP race since it's introduction to replace 500GP. And Andrea Dovizioso will have raced 150 of them!
- It’s the first time since 1949 that the race won't be on Saturday. The original circuit, used up to 1954, was 16.54 km, but now shortened to 4.542km.
- Maverick Viñales has finished in the top six in the last five races. Last Suzuki rider to do that was Kenny Roberts Junior in 2000 en route to championship glory.
- A short list - only Marc Marquez, Pol Espargaró, Hector Barbera and Eugene Laverty have scored points in every race this year
- Johann Zarco is the only rider in Moto2 who has won in the class at Assen. Pasini, Alex Marquez and Oliveira have won in 125GP or Moto3
- The only rider to have scored points in every Moto3 race of the year so far is championship leader Brad Binder
- Jorge Navarro’s win in Barcelona ended a run of 25 successive Moto3 races without a Spanish winner, since Efren Vazquez in Malaysia in 2014
- The rider starting on pole has now not won in the Moto3 class for the last twelve races!
Looking to buy your own bike? Visit MCNbikesforsale.com