Roads: Rider of the Year - Fifth
MCN’s Sports Desk rank the five riders who have impressed them most on the roads in 2016.
Number 5 – Alastair Seeley
While Seeley only competes in one of the international road races, his 2016 achievements cannot be underrated after he became the most successful racer in the history of the North West 200.
- Video: Razor-sharp riding on new KTM 790 Duke prototype
- Motorcycle stolen after RAC says to leave it at the side of the road
- Day 16: MCN Great Christmas Giveaway!
- BSB: Stuart Easton to retire from racing
- What would an SV650 cost to insure against other similar models?
- TCX Hero boots offer form and function
A stunning double for the Carrickfergus racer saw him overtake Robert Dunlop as the most successful rider ever around the 8.970-mile triangle course at May’s North West 200.
Having already matched Dunlop’s 15 victories, taking the win in the opening Supersport race was enough to clinch the record, but he’d go on to better it with a second Supersport victory on Saturday.
While the former British Champion had the pace to fight in both the Superstock and Superbike races, a mistake and technical issue ruled him out of contention.