Roads: Rider of the Year - Second
MCN’s Sports Desk rank the five riders who have impressed them most on the roads in 2016
Number 2 – Ian Hutchinson
Enjoying his best season on the roads since he took the historic five-in-a-week back in 2010, Ian Hutchinson comes in at a close second in our top five road racers for 2016.
The Bingley Bullet was almost unbeaten on his Tyco BMW Superstocker with victories at the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix as well as shattering outright lap records on his stocker during TT week.
On top of that, he dominated the Supersport category at the TT once again to take his third and fourth successive wins in the 600cc class on the iconic mountain course.
- Video: Razor-sharp riding on new KTM 790 Duke prototype
- Motorcycle stolen after RAC says to leave it at the side of the road
- Day 16: MCN Great Christmas Giveaway!
- BSB: Stuart Easton to retire from racing
- What would an SV650 cost to insure against other similar models?
- TCX Hero boots offer form and function
While Michael Dunlop beat him to victory in both the Superbike and Senior TT, Hutchinson would get one over on his Hawk Racing rival at the Ulster Grand Prix as he became the fastest road racer in the world. Shattering the Dundrod circuit’s outright lap record with an astonishing average speed of 134.089mph, Hutchinson took four victories at this year’s event.