Roads: Rider of the Year - Third
MCN’s Sports Desk rank the five riders who have impressed them most on the roads in 2016.
Number 3 – Dean Harrison
Dean Harrison stepped up to the plate in 2016 with a stunning week at the Isle of Man TT. The former lightweight TT winner took three podiums on the mountain course this year, including two runner-up spots.
Harrison finished an impressive third in in the opening Supersport TT, but was promoted to second after Michael Dunlop’s controversial disqualification. The Yorkshireman would go on to prove his podium credence with another second in the Superstock race behind runaway race victor Ian Hutchinson.
- Video: Razor-sharp riding on new KTM 790 Duke prototype
- Motorcycle stolen after RAC says to leave it at the side of the road
- Day 16: MCN Great Christmas Giveaway!
- BSB: Stuart Easton to retire from racing
- What would an SV650 cost to insure against other similar models?
- TCX Hero boots offer form and function
He’d round off the week with another podium in the second Supersport outing, before finishing fourth in the blue riband Senior TT.
He’d also impress at the Southern 100, proving to be a strong challenger for the dominant Michael Dunlop. After taking Supersport victory, Harrison would go on to finish second to Dunlop in the Solo Championship race. He also enjoyed vast success at Scarborough.