Ian Hutchinson clocked up his 16th Isle of Man TT victory in the delayed Royal London 360 Quantum Superstock race.
It was a dominant affair for the Tyco BMW rider as he took the lead off Michael Rutter at Ballaugh on the opening lap and went on to stretch a lead of 22 seconds over the Smiths BMW of Peter Hickman who continues his 100% podium record this week.
After taking the lead, Hutchy managed his lead despite a hard charge from Hickman who moved into second place towards the end of the opening lap. The lead stood at 6.7 seconds as they came into the pits, where another sublime stop from the Tyco BMW boys saw Hutchy eek out a further eight seconds even with a wheel change, which doesn’t have to be done in the four lap stock race.
Manxman Dan Kneen would move ahead of Rutter half way around the second lap to put himself into podium contention, and while he was no match for Hutchy and Hickman the Penz13.com BMW rider managed to pull a gap on Rutter to secure his debut TT podium.
Rutter crossed the line fourth to complete an all-BMW top four ahead of Dean Harrison on the Silicone Engineering Kawasaki. Michael Dunlop took sixth on the MD Racing Carl Cox Suzuki.
William Dunlop was seventh ahead of Davo Johnson, with Jamie Coward and Horst Saiger rounding out the top ten.
ROYAL LONDON 360 QUANTUM SUPERSTOCK RACE
- Ian Hutchinson - Tyco BMW
- Peter Hickman – Smiths BMW +22.243
- Dan Kneen – Penz13.com BMW +21.024 (from Hickman)
- Michael Rutter – Bathams SMT BMW +10.154
- Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering Kawasaki +1.140
- Michael Dunlop – MD Racing Carl Cox Suzuki +9.035
- William Dunlop – Temple Golf Yamaha +1:01.336
- David Johnson – Fleetwood Grab Services BMW +7.360
- Jamie Coward – Radcliffe’s Racing +27.653
- Horst Saiger – Saiger Racing Kawasaki +19.023
Pick up a copy of our special edition McGuinness: Ordinary bloke. Extraordinary Racer. This special from MCN, celebrates the career of one of the sport's best-loved road racers. Affectionately known as McPint, John's career has wowed and entertained bike racing fans for more than 20 years. Buy it here.
Looking for the perfect two-wheeled companion? Visit MCN Bikes For Sale website or use MCN's Bikes For Sale App.