Ian Hutchinson continued to lead the way as practice resumed on the Isle of Man as the sun made a welcome appearance after two days of challenging conditions
With Wednesday practice cut short and Thursday’s cancelled altogether, riders were itching to get out on Friday in near perfect conditions.
Just a couple of damp patches were reported at Ramsey Hairpin, Cronk ny Mona and Bedstead but that didn’t stop Hutchinson, who upped the ante with a time of 129.583mph on his Superstock machine after a moment on the Superbike saw him pull up at Governor’s dip.
Bruce Anstey also upped the wick on the Padgetts RC213V-S to join Hutchinson in the 129mph bracket with a 129.212mph lap.
Michael Rutter set the third quickest time of the evening on his Superstock machine, ahead of the Bennetts Suzuki of Michael Dunlop, who continues to get to grips with the GSX-R1000.
Guy Martin increased his pace but still languished down the order as he makes his TT return. The Lincolnshireman clocked a fastest average speed of 121.825mph
Dean Harrison laid down a marker in the Supersport class with a time of 124.353mph, some nine seconds quicker than Michael Dunlop who clocked a time of 123.325mph. Hutchinson was third quickest for McAMS Yamaha.
Dafabet Devitt Kawasaki's Steve Mercer was a faller at the 11th milestone, he was taken to Noble's hospital by air ambulance with minor injuries and reported to be conscious at the scene.
Stefano Bonetti led the way in the Lightweight class with a time of 115.694mph ahead of Peter Hickman and James Cowton.
Combined Superbike/Supersock Times
- Ian Hutchinson (STK) – Tyco BMW – 129.583mph
- Bruce Anstey (SBK) – Padgetts Honda – 129.212mph
- Michael Rutter (STK) – Bathams BMW – 128.588mph
- Michael Dunlop (SBK) – Bennetts Suzuki - 128.576mph
- Dean Harrison (STK) – Silicone Engineering Kawasaki – 128.477mph
- Peter Hickman (STK) – Smiths BMW – 128.028mph
- James Hillier (SBK) - JG Speedfit Kawasaki – 127.308mph
- Dan Kneen (STK) – Penz13.com BMW – 127.232mph
- Conor Cummins (SBK) – Padgetts Honda – 127.227mph
- Lee Johnston (SBK) – East Coast BMW – 126.975mph
- Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering Kawasaki – 124.353mph
- Michael Dunlop – MD Racing Yamaha – 123.352mph
- Ian Hutchinson – McAMS Yamaha - 123.191mph
- James Hillier – JG Speedfit Kawasaki – 122.930mph
- Conor Cummins – Padgetts Racing Honda – 122.190mph
- Martin Jessopp – Riders Motorcycles Triumph – 122.053mph
- Peter Hickman – Smiths Trooper Triumph – 121.949mph
- Lee Johnston – Padgetts Honda – 121.858mph
- Dan Kneen – Jackson Racing Honda – 121.830mph
- Jamie Coward – Radcliffe’s Racing – 121.273mph
- Bruce Anstey – Padgetts Honda – 129.212mph
- Michael Dunlop – Bennetts Suzuki – 128.576mph
- Michael Rutter – Bathams BMW - 127.390mph
- James Hillier – JG Speedfit Kawasaki – 127.308mph
- Conor Cummins – Padgetts Honda – 127.227mph
- Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering Kawasaki – 127.203mph
- Peter Hickman – Smiths BMW – 126.978mph
- Lee Johnston – East Coast Racing BMW – 126.975mph
- William Dunlop – Temple Golf Yamaha – 126.011mph
- Dan Kneen – Penz13.com BMW – 125.944mph
- Ian Hutchinson – Tyco BMW – 129.535mph
- Michael Rutter – Bathams BMW – 128.588mph
- Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering Kawasaki – 128.588mph
- Peter Hickman – Smiths BMW – 128.028mph
- Dan Kneen – Penz13.com BMW – 127.332mph
- Derek Sheils – Cookstown BE Suzuki – 125.328mph
- Martin Jessopp – Riders Motorcycles BMW – 123.415mph
- Horst Saiger – Saiger Racing – 123.400mph
- Phillip Crowe – Handtrans/Fleetwood Grab - 121.608mph
- James Hillier – JG Speedfit Kawasaki – 120.318mph
- Stefano Bonetti – Paton SC-Project Reparto Corse – 115.694mph
- Peter Hickman – KMR Kawasaki – 114.855mph
- James Cowton – McAdoo Racing – 114.836mph
- Dan Cooper – Dan Cooper Racing – 114.790mph
- Lee Johnston – KMR Kawasaki – 114.734mph
- Michael Rutter – Paton SC-Project Reparto Corse – 114.282mph
- Adam McLean – Hanna Performance – 112.855mph
- Michael Sweeney – Kiely Heating – 112.737mph
- Derek Sheils – Cookstown BE Racing – 112.645mph
- Maria Costello – NGK Spark Plugs – 111.663mph
- Dave Molyneux/Dan Sayle - DMR A&HJ Racing - 114.74mph
- Tim Reeves/Mark Wilkes - Klaffi Racing - 114.35mph
- John Holden/Lee Cain - Silicone Engineering/Barnes Racing - 112.09mph
- Karl Bennett/Maxime Vasseur - Bennett Racing - 109.51mph
- Alan Founds/Jake Louther - Brian Gray Powerbiking & Trustland Construction - 109.04mph
Pick up a copy of our special edition McGuinness: Ordinary bloke. Extraordinary Racer. This special from MCN, celebrates the career of one of the sport's best-loved road racers. Affectionately known as McPint, John's career has wowed and entertained bike racing fans for more than 20 years. Buy it here.
Looking for the perfect two-wheeled companion? Visit MCN Bikes For Sale website or use MCN's Bikes For Sale App.