VIDEO: Hillier's horrifying Ballascary moment
Fifth gear. Pinned. There's a reason the Ballagarey corner, situated between the third and fourth milestone of the Snaefell mountain course, is nicknamed 'Ballascary'.
We've all seen the consequences of what happens when things go wrong at Ballagarey in the famous pictures of Guy Martin's 2010 fireball crash.
Knowing what those consequences can be makes this moment for JG Speedfit Kawasaki's James Hillier in Friday's Senior TT all the more scary. The southerner was suffering with rear shock and handling issues (you don't say...) before the race was red flagged. How on earth did he stay on?
- TT 2017: Dutch racer Jochem van den Hoek dies after Superstock incident
- US Ducati dealer wants to buy Ducati
- BSB: O'Halloran takes Honda back to the top at Snetterton test
- TT 2017: Manx GP finisher Davey Lambert dies after Superbike crash
- Bike of the day: BMW R1200GS
Pick up a copy of our special edition McGuinness: Ordinary bloke. Extraordinary Racer. This special from MCN, celebrates the career of one of the sport's best-loved road racers. Affectionately known as McPint, John's career has wowed and entertained bike racing fans for more than 20 years. Buy it here.