Brno WSB: Spies on pole
WSB rookie Ben Spies continued his good form to qualify on pole for the two WSB races at Brno tomorrow (Sunday).
Yamaha rider Spies dominated all three superpole sessions on his Yamaha YZF-R1.
Factory Ducati rider Michel Fabrizio qualified second ahead of fellow Italian Max Biaggi.
Fabrizio's team-mate and current championship leader Noriyuki Haga managed to qualify 14th on his return after his crash at the Donington Park WSB round.
Jonathan Rea was the top Brit, qualifying in fourth ahead of Shane Byrne in fifth and Tom Sykes in eighth. Leon Haslam qualified 17th.
1. Ben Spies USA Yamaha WSB YZF R1 1min 58.868s
2. Michel Fabrizio ITA Ducati Xerox 1098R 1min 58.950s
3. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing RSV-4 1min 59.055s
4. Jonathan Rea GBR HANNspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR 1min 59.740s
5. Shane Byrne GBR Sterilgarda Ducati 1098R 1min 59.787s
6. Troy Corser AUS BMW Motorrad S1000RR 2mins 00.046s
7. Ruben Xaus ESP BMW Motorrad S1000RR 2mins 00.096s
8. Tom Sykes GBR Yamaha WSB YZF R1 2mins 00.240s
9. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA DFX Corse Ducati 1098R 1min 59.730s
10. Carlos Checa ESP HANNspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR 1min 59.748s
11. Makoto Tamada JPN Kawasaki SRT ZX-10R 1min 59.873s
12. Jakub Smrz CZE Guandalini Racing Ducati 1098R 2mins 00.159
13. Yukio Kagayama JPN Alstare Suzuki GSX-R 1000K9 2mins 00.223s
14. Noriyuki Haga JPN Ducati Xerox 1098R 2mins 00.235s
15. Shinya Nakano JPN Aprilia Racing RSV-4 2mins 00.262s
16. Matthieu Lagrive FRA Althea Honda CBR1000RR 2mins 00.498s
17. Leon Haslam GBR Stiggy Motorsport Honda CBR1000RR 2mins 00.718s
18. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR 2mins 00.811s
19. Broc Parkes AUS Kawasaki SRT ZX-0R 2mins 03.819s
20. John Hopkins USA Stiggy Motorsport Honda CBR1000RR 2mins 14.727s
21. Fonsi Nieto ESP DFX Corse Ducati 1098R 2mins 01.510s
22. David Salom ESP Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 2mins 01.643s
23. Luca Scassa ITA Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 2mins 01.816s
24. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA SCI Honda CBR1000RR 2mins 02.346s
25. Alessandro Polita ITA Celani Suzuki GSX-R1000 2mins 02.718s
26. David Checa ESP Yamaha France GMT 94 2mins 02.785s
27. Roland Resch AUT TKR Switzerland Suzuki GSX-R 1000K9 2mins 04.041s
28. Milos Cihak CZE ProRace Suzuki GSX-R 1000K9 2mins 04.905s