Monza WSB: Davies dominates for second WSS win
Brit Chaz Davies dominated the World Supersport race from start to finish to take his second victory in as many races today at Monza.
Davies was quickest off the line and from then on nobody was able to catch the factory Yamaha rider.
Team-mate Luca Scassa finished second, but was unable to challenge Davies, finishing five seconds behind.
Ten Kate Honda rider Fabien Foret completed the podium in third place.
The injured Sam Lowes rode through the pain barrier to keep a podium place in his sights for the majority of the race. But Lowes was unable to keep pace with Fabien Foret and Broc Parkes, eventually battling to a fifth place finish.
Jame Ellison had a disappointing race. After working his way up to the group battling for third place he ran wide, rejoining the pack much further back. Then he ran off track on the final corner after getting tangled up behind a crash. He finished just outsie the points in 17th.
Gino Rea again got a good start and was running right at the front along with Sam Lowes, but the Brit soon started to slow and crashed out in the latter stages of the race.
1. Chaz Davies (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 29'05.363
2. Luca Scassa (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 29'10.097
3. Fabien Foret (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 29'13.340
4. Broc Parkes (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 29'24.609
5. Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 29'25.245
6. Roberto Tamburini (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 29'25.511
7. Florian Marino (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 29'26.453
8. David Salom (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 29'36.958
9. Massimo Roccoli (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 29'36.962
10. Ondrej Jezek (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 29'40.578
11. Robbin Harms (Harms Benjan Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 29'40.769
12. Danilo Dell'Omo (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 29'40.927
13. Mirko Giansanti (Puccetti R. Kawasaki Italia) Kawasaki ZX-6R 29'41.309
14. Marko Jerman (MD Team Jerman) Triumph Daytona 675 30'05.608
15. Balazs Nemeth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 30'05.619
16. Luca Marconi (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 30'05.891
17. James Ellison (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 30'08.758
18. Ronan Quarmby (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 30'17.384
19. Mitchell Pirotta (KUJA Racing) Honda CBR600RR 30'22.378
20. Alexander Lundh (Cresto Guide Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 30'42.864
21. Yves Polzer (Team MRC Austria) Yamaha YZF R6 30'50.466
22. Eduard Blokhin (RivaMoto) Yamaha YZF R6 29'05.982
23. Valery Yurchenko (RivaMoto) Yamaha YZF R6 29'19.487
24. Giovanni Altomonte (KUJA Racing) Honda CBR600RR 29'25.860
RT. Vladimir Ivanov (Step Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 27'46.522
RT. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 27'46.926
RT. Robert Andrei Muresan (PTR Romania Honda) Honda CBR600RR 27'00.292
RT. Gino Rea (Step Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 19'13.252
RT. Miguel Praia (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 14'50.866
RT. Oleg Pozdneev (RivaMoto) Yamaha YZF R6 16'23.803
RT. Pawel Szkopek (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 14'09.377
RT. Imre Toth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 7'58.971