WSS: Sofuoglu out with broken hip
Kenan Sofuoglu will miss today’s World Supersport race at Magny Cours after suffering a triple hip fracture following a crash in qualifying.
The Turkish ace was on course for a front row start for today’s tenth round of the World Supersport Championship when he fell between turns eight and nine. After being taken for medical checks at the circuit, he was declared unfit and taken to hospital where it was confirmed he had three fractures to his hip. He’s now flown back home to Turkey to undergo surgery.
- Casey Stoner tests Ducati Panigale V4
- News podcast episode 14: The new bikes continue
- BSB: Mossey: 'I've got nothing to lose'
- Destination Nordkapp – Day 4
- Has Leon Haslam made the right decision?
The five-time World Supersport champion currently leads the series standings by four points over Yamaha rival Lucas Mahias having won five of the last six races, however will now miss the remainder of the 2017 season.