BSB Brands Hatch: Sykes takes second win of the day
08 August 2010 18:38
WSB factory Kawasaki rider Tom Sykes took his second victory of this weekend’s BSB triple-header at Brands Hatch, fending off a determined Ryuichi Kiyonari.
Sykes took the lead on the fifth lap at Paddock Hill from Kiyo and, despite several challenged from the Honda man, the Kawasaki rider completed the double.
Michael Rutter took his third podium finish of the weekend, by finishing third on the ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati for the second successive race.
Tommy Hill’s weekend finally came good with fourth place in the last race of the weekend when he finished fourth ahead of James Ellison and Kiyonari’s team-mate Josh Brookes.
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki), who started the last race from pole, crashed in lap 14 while he was third. His team-mate Alastair Seeley, winner of yesterday’s race, ended in the gravel by losing the rear in the same lap.
The championship is now led by Ryuichi Kiyonari with 249 points – seven ahead of ahead of Tommy Hill and and ten ahead of Josh Brookes. Rutter moves to fourth overall.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, race three top ten results:
1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki WSB)
2. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.563s
3. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +4.788s
4. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +6.531s
5. James Ellison (Swan Honda) +11.804s
6. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +11.910s
7. Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +13.927s
8. Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +20.929s
9. John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +21.181s
10. Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +25.089s
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship top six standings after Brands Hatch:
1. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 249
2. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 242
3. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 239
4. Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 217
5. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 206
6. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 153