Hill takes race one win at Knockhill
BSB Knockhill: Hill takes race one win
19 June 2011 14:21
Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) led the first race at Knockhill from his pole position start, maintaining pace to take victory.
John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki) fought with MSS Colchester Kawasaki rider Gary Mason to take second place early in the race, leaving Mason to attempt to fend off Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda). Byrne was able to pass Mason at the hairpin on lap twenty-four and moved to close the gap on Hopkins, but remained in third finishing behind Hopkins.
Gary Mason finished in fourth place ahead of Josh Brookes (Relentless by TAS Suzuki) and Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) who placed fifth and sixth respectively. Brookes and Laverty both battled with Motorpoint Yamaha rider James Westmoreland, who was relegated to seventh by Laverty with two laps remaining.
Alex Lowes (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) ended his race early on, crashing out at the hairpin in the first lap.
1. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 24:35.133
2. John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki) +8.907s
3. Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +9.123s
4. Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +15.354s
5. Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki) +21.816s
6. Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +21.823s
7. James Westmoreland (Motorpoint Yamaha) +24.920s
8. Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki) +26.558s
9. Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +26.665s
10. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +26.925s