Silverstone WSB: Laverty to start from pole
03 August 2013 16:30
Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty will start tomrrow's races from Silverstone in pole position after setting the fastest lap during a final superpole session which was declared wet by officials.
The Kawasaki pair of Tom Sykes and Loris Baz set the fastest laps initially, but their lap times were ruled out when rain started to fall.
Baz and Sykes will start from fourth and fifth respectively.
Althea Ducati rider Carlos Checa will start from second on the grid, with Pata Honda's Jonathan Rea starting from third.
Title hopeful Sylvain Guintoli will start from eighth on the grid after a technical problem. Marco Melandri also suffered a mechanical problem in the first superpole session and will start from 15th.
1. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 2'04.730
2. Carlos Checa (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 2'04.949
3. Jonathan Rea (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 2'05.078
4. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 2'05.105
5. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 2'05.949
6. Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 2'06.369
7. Leon Camier (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 2'06.775
8. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 2'04.358
9. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 2'05.003
10. Jules Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 2'05.011
11. Max Neukirchner (MR-Racing) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 2'05.492
12. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 2'05.573
13. Ayrton Badovini (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 2'05.492
14. Michel Fabrizio (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 2'05.593
15. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 2'13.317
16. Mark Aitchison (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 2'07.743
17. Federico Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 2'08.106
18. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR 2'09.543