Leon Haslam and Cal Crutchlow toppes the time sheets in FP2
Silverstone British Superbikes: HM Plant double top in FP2
26 September 2008 16:24
Leon Haslam and Cal Crutchlow completed this afternoon’s second free practice session at the top of the time sheets in a shortened session.
Haslam set the fastest lap of the weekend so far, a 1.26.715, just two thousandths of a second ahead of fellow HM Plant man, Cal Crutchlow.
Shane Byrne completed the op three with exactly the same time as that set by his team-mate Leon Camier that was good enough to give the 23-year old the best time in this morning’s session.
Camier went two tenths slower this afternoon, dropping him to sixth in the standings just behind Karl Harris and Tom Sykes.
Michael Laverty and Gary Mason completed row two and Simon Andrews, Australian BSB newcomer Jason O’Halloran, Atsushi Watanabe and James Ellison rounded out a provisional third row.
The session was brought to a close with just under three minutes remaining when Chris Burns’ STP Superbike MV Agusta appeared to drop oil on the circuit. It turned out to be water.
Tomorrows F1-style qualifying session is set to take place at 2pm.
SILVERSTONE BRITISH SUPERBIKE FREE PRACTICE 2 RESULTS
1. Leon Haslam HM Plant Honda 1.26.715
2. Cal Crutchlow HM Plant Honda 1.26.738
3. Shane Byrne Airwaves Ducati 1.26.927
4. Karl Harris Rob Mac Racing Yamaha 1.26.988
5. Tom Sykes Rizla Suzuki 1.27.009
6. Leon Camier Airwaves Ducati 1.27.139
7. Michael Laverty Relentless Suzuki 1.27.625
8. Gary Mason Quay Garage Honda 1.27.992
9. Simon Andrews Lloyds British Jentin Yamaha 1.28.214
10. Jason O’Halloran SMT Honda 1.28.275
11. Atsushi Watanabe Rizla Suzuki 1.28.500
12. James Ellison Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1.28.513
13. Michael Rutter North West 200 Ducati 1.28.553
14. Stuart Easton MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1.28.563
15. Billy McConnell MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1.28.672
16. Scott Smart Hawk Kawasaki 1.28.698