How do I get a refund in the event of a billing problem?
All transactions made on Apple Newsstand or iTunes are handled by Apple. Because Apple is a third-party company, Bauer Media cannot refund or check any personal subscription / single issue purchase details made on the Apple Newsstand or iTunes.
We hope that this won’t happen, but should you be experiencing billing problems, or if you wish to claim a refund, Bauer will unfortunately be unable to help you. We therefore advise you get in touch with Apple directly.
Here are some useful links that might help:
- To manage your subscriptions, visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098
- For generic Apple support, and to see a list of query categories, see http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ - including help from software downloads through to installation, purchasing, accounts and billing
- If you wish to get in contact with Apple directly, visit http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ where you’ll be able to get support via email for any questions relating to purchase, billing, cards, codes and related topics
When will my subscription start?
As soon as your subscription has been confirmed, you should be able to access the current issue on sale. From that point forward, you’ll receive the relevant number of future issues within your subscription category. Please note that you won’t be able to access any back issues on the newsstand as part of your subscription, though you will be able to purchase them individually, if you wish to do so.
How can I manage my Apple Newsstand subscription?
You can manage your Newsstand subscription here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098 - it’s Apple’s troubleshooting page and has the answers to the queries we receive most often from readers. If you want to change the settings on your subscription, or cancel an auto-renew payment, advice on how to do it can be found there.
I want to cancel an auto-renew payment – how do I do it?
Again, you can do that through subscription management here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098
I am a print subscriber and want to access digital editions as part of that subscription: can I?
We regret that, at this time, we cannot offer this service. We are working on the facility to offer digital access on the Apple Newsstand to print subscribers and will be writing to all print subscribers in due course with full details as soon as they are available.
The print magazine has a cover-mounted gift on it – do I get the same if I buy that edition on the Apple Newsstand?
Any kind of physical gift attached to the front cover of a print magazine cannot be offered to purchasers of that same issue on the Apple Newsstand.
My issue won’t download: what am I doing wrong?
If you are having problems downloading a Bauer magazine from Newsstand, try the following steps:
- Kill the app by double tapping the ‘Home’ button on your device. Then hold your finger on the app icon until it begins to shake. Tap it again and then restart it. If this doesn’t work, move to step 2...
- Restart the device with a full power-off, then commence download again
- If this doesn’t work, uninstall the app. You do this by holding your finger down on the app icon. It will shake: tap it again and it will be deleted. Then re-download it by pressing the ‘buy’ button on the app and enter your iTunes password again. This message from Apple should appear: “You’ve already purchased this. Tap OK to download again for free.” Don’t worry – if you have already bought the app through your iTunes account, you won’t be charged again!
An issue of my magazine has disappeared from Newsstand: what has gone wrong?
Have you recently performed a software upgrade/restore of your device? If so, it’s likely that the issues have been taken down by iTunes.
Also, check your storage space – if you don’t have the requisite space left, issues will be removed without notification to you, which is a feature of iOS devices. But don’t worry! You can get them back.
To re-download issues you have already bought, press the ‘Buy’ button and enter your iTunes password. You should get this message from Apple: “You’ve already purchased this. Tap OK to download again for free.”
Depending on the iOS device you have, you might have to reboot the device itself completely, for the above solutions to work.
I’d like to read purchased magazines on a different iOS device…
Some Bauer titles at this time will be available only on iPad and not on iPhone. We are working to change this so they are compatible on all iOS devices . When this has happened you will only need to pay once per issue, you won’t need to pay again to access your magazine on a different iOS device.
The app keeps crashing – what should I do?
It is possible, though unlikely, that your app may crash. If it does, try these following steps to resolve:
- Double tap the Home button then tap and hold on the app. It will shake. Then tap it again and restart.
- If it still doesn’t work, then it could be because you have too many other apps running simultaneously. Kill them all and try again.
- If that doesn’t work, uninstall the app, download it again from Newsstand, and try again. You’ll be asked for your iTunes password, at which time you should be told, “You’ve already purchased this. Tap OK to download again for free”.
If the above does not solve your problem, please contact MCN with as much description as you can about the crash on the email address below.
Please mention the magazine/issue that you’re having problems with, the issue number, and a description of how/when the crash occurs. Does it happen all the time, or infrequently?
Contact MCN support:
If you’re still having problems and none of the above answers helps, then contact email@example.com. Someone should be back in touch with you within 48 hours.