Turkey WSB: Laverty takes race one honours
15 September 2013 09:56
Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty has won the first race of the day in Turkey - his fifth race win of the season.
The Irishman rode a good race to take first place from Tom Sykes, who struggled in the latter stages of the race.
Sykes managed to fend off championship rival Sylvain Guintoli to take third spot and extend his lead at the top of thechampionship. BMW rider Marco Melandri finished second after a late charge.
Davide Giugliano finished fifth onboard the Althea Aprilia, with Toni Elias in sixth in his first WSB race. Elias was lucky to stay upright after a hard coming together with Giugliano coming out of the final corner.
Michel Fabrizio, who Elias has replaced, finished 10th filling in for the injured Jonathan Rea on the Pata Honda.
1. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 34'57.650
2. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 34'59.659
3. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 35'01.082
4. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 35'01.569
5. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 35'13.480
6. Toni Elias (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 35'13.595
7. Jules Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 35'14.571
8. Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 35'19.141
9. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 35'37.836
10. Michel Fabrizio (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 35'37.868
11. Federico Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 35'39.350
12. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR 36'37.199
13. Tolga Uprak (CMS-Eypbike Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 35'40.142
14. Yunus Ercelik (Sampiyon 169 Team) BMW S1000 RR 36'19.417
RT. Mark Aitchison (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 19'45.482
RT. Ayrton Badovini (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale 18'07.045