Indian Motorcycles have teamed up with Krazy Horse in Bury St Edmunds to build a fleet of SIX Super Hooligan Scout race bikes for this weekends Carole nash MCN Festival of Motorcycling.
The heavily modified Indian Scouts will see action in the Hooligan racing championships twice a day at the Peterborough Arena on both Saturday and Sunday. They will be ridden by a team of specially selected riders including BSB legend Chris Walker. Two of the machines are Krazy Horse’s Super Hooligan race spec machines and four are ‘Roland Sands style’ race bikes. As you can see by the specifications, the RSD style machines aren’t simply lightly modded road bikes:
- Frame: Standard Scout Chassis - Krazy Horse Handle Bar clamps and Modified rear suspension relocation points.
- Krazy horse mid-mount foot controls, Krazy Horse Seat mount relocation plate, Red Max Flat Track tail section, Drive belt tensioner.
- Suspension: Ohlins - Piggyback IN524 Shocks, FSK115 Fork cartridge
- Wheels: Krazy Horse Talon hubs, Morad 19 rims
- Tyres: 19 Maxxis DTR1 front and rear
- Exhaust: Krazy Horse 2into1 race exhaust
- Engine: Dyno-jet Power Vision CX tuning module, Free flowing performance air filter, Custom radiator guard.
- ABS removed, front brake removed, speedo and instruments removed, modified wiring loom.
- Lead project engineer Curly Porter, Krazy Horse.
The Hooligan racing takes place at 12.15 and 2.30pm both days. The Krazy Horse team will be up against some stiff competition including some formidable machines from both Harley Davidson and Ducati. The Hooligan class, sponsored by Harley Davidson, Sideburn magazine and the DTRA, features road bikes that are post 1980 twins, 750cc and above. The bikes have unmodified frames, the front brake disconnected and no knobbly tyres are permitted. As a result, there will be an eclectic mix of bikes on the start line.
Discount ticket deadline extended!
The deadline for buying discount tickets to the Carole Nash MCN Festival of Motorcycling has been extended to midnight on May 11. Adult day tickets cost just £15 and Camping tickets just £35. Book a camping ticket as a group of four or more and the ticket price drops to £30. The show takes place at the Peterborough Showground on May 13-14.
Looking for the perfect two-wheeled companion? Visit MCN Bikes For Sale website or use MCN's Bikes For Sale App.