Rob Frost left it late in the first qualifying session for British Supersport this morning, setting the fastest lap as he took the chequered flag.
With morning residue keeping sections of the track damp, many riders opted out of qualifying until the final 10 minutes.
It was left to Raceways Yamaha's Ronan Quarmby to dry the track out as he was the only rider on track for 15 minutes of the 35-minute session.
As the track dried out, Quarmby's lap times fell to a best of 54.524 with 12 minutes to go.
With 10 minutes left in the session, HM-Plant Honda stand in, Josh Brookes came out and jumped straight to fourth, behind AIM Racing's Steve Plater and Team Buff's Rob Frost.
Havoc ensued with just three minutes remaining when Frost jumped to first with a lap time of 53.788, he was then knocked off the top of the time sheets by MAP Embassy rider Paul Young who set a 53.618.
Frost responded immediately with a 52.682 only for Young to hit straight back with a time of 52.635.
It was only with 40 seconds left that Frost again knocked Young back to second, posting a time of 52.371.
Frost was again put back to second by Steve Plater, who came from nowhere to set a time of 52.487.
Just 10 seconds were shown on the clock when Paul Young took his Triumph to pole, bettering Plater's time by 0.215 seconds.
The chequered flag came down just as Rob Frost wrestled provisional pole from Young, setting a time of 51.707.
1. Rob Frost Team Buff Triumph 51.707
2. Paul Young MAP Embassy Triumph 52.154
3. Steve Plater AIM Racing Yamaha 52.369
4. Ronan Quarmby Raceways Yamaha 52.779
5. James Westmoreland Centurion Racing Honda 53.034
6. John McGuiness Padgetts Honda 53.186
7. James Webb Padgetts Honda 53.250
8. Josh Brookes HM Plant Honda 53.310
9. David Hallett Ross Aldridge Racing Triumph 53.776
10. Andy Weymouth Linxcel Seton Tuning Yamaha 54.181
11. Paul Veazey Storm Motorsport Yamaha 54.504
12. Pete Spalding Linxcel Seton Tuning Yamaha 54.614
13. Jack Kennedy Rob Mac Proride Yamaha 54.628
14. Dean Hipwell Atherton Godfrey Solicitors Yamaha 54.784
15. Nick Medd Virgin Media Yamaha 55.038
16. Craig Fitzpatrick BLDS Couriers Yamaha 55.283