Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa will start tomorrow's race from pole position despite crashing on only his fifth lap during qualifying.
Pedrosa heads a Repsol Honda front row, with Casey Stoner and Andrea Dovizioso second and third.
Tech 3 Yamaha rider Colin Edwards spoils the Honda party, starting from fourth place on the grid ahead of Gresini Honda rider Marco Simoncelli. Nicky Hayden is the highest Ducati in sixth place.
Factory Ducati rider Valentino Rossi will start from ninth place on the grid after a lowside mid-way through the session. Brit Cal Crutchlow starts behind Rossi in tenth.
Factory Yamaha rider Ben Spies qualified in 16th place. Spies - who is still recovering from a crash at Phillip Island last weekend, had another fall during qualifying.
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda 2m 1.462s
2. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda 2m 1.491s
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda 2m 1.666s
4. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.100s
5. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.105s
6. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro 2m 2.172s
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.254s
8. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki 2m 2.332s
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro 2m 2.395s
10. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.756s
11. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 2m 2.939s
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing 2m 3.077s
13. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 3.438s
14. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar 2m 3.619s
15. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda 2m 3.646s
16. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 3.678s
17. Katsuyuki Nakasuga JPN Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 4.072s