Alastair Seeley led the way as practice got underway for this year’s 2017 Vauxhall International North West 200, topping the times in the opening Supersport 600 session.
The day’s start was slightly delayed due to an RTC on the course ahead of road closing, but Seeley was quick to jump to the top of the timesheets where he’d remain for most of the session.
A quickest time of 4’41.480 (average speed 114.722) placed him 1.495 seconds ahead of second-placed Dean Harrison with Lee Johnston a further second back for Jackson Racing Honda.
The session was red flagged towards the end due to an incident in the Black Hill area. The rider involved was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Martin Jessopp was fourth quickest ahead of John McGuinness on the second Jackson Racing CBR600RR, with Michael Dunlop rounding out the top six on the MD Racing Yamaha R6.
Ian Hutchinson was unable to record a time on his all-new YZF-R6, which hadn’t turned a wheel before the session started while North West returnee Guy Martin was 16th quickest.
Supersport Times – Unofficial
- Alastair Seeley – Gearlink Kawasaki – 4:41.480
- Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering Kawasaki +1.495
- Lee Johnston – Jackson Racing Honda +2.488
- Martin Jessopp – Riders Motorcycles +3.583
- John McGuinness – Jackson Racing Honda +4.413
- Michael Dunlop – MD Racing Yamaha +5.864
- James Hillier – JG Speedfit Kawasaki +6.419
- Bruce Anstey – Padgetts Honda - +7.049
- Michael Sweeney - JWM Yamaha - - +7.972
- Horst Saiger - Saiger Racing Kawasaki +8.428
Looking for the perfect two-wheeled companion? Visit MCN Bikes For Sale website or use MCN's Bikes For Sale App.