From September 5-9 the World Superbike Championship touches down in the UK for round 11 at Donington Park.
To celebrate this adrenalin fuelled race weekend, Yamaha are offering one lucky British designer or MCN reader a once in a lifetime opportunity to see their creative talent realised, designing the liveries for the Yamaha Motor Italia World Superbike Team.
When Yamaha riders Noriyuki Haga and Troy Corser take off from the starting grid on race Sunday it could be your livery they sport as they tear down the straight in the battle for the 2008 championship.
Donington Park has capacity for up to 120,000 spectators and the racing is televised to over 173 countries with an estimated global audience of 170 million. You could be potentially showing off your design talent to a huge audience of racing fans the world over.
With three podiums at round seven at the Nurburgring, including a spectacular battle for the chequered flag between Haga and Corser, both bikes are sure to be at the front of the pack as the championship battles on.
You will have until the July 11, 2008 to create your design and enter it to be in with a chance of winning.
To get started just download the Yamaha Motor Italia R1 Superbike design template here. You will also find the full terms and conditions of the competition.
Finished designs can be entered into the competition in a number of ways:
1) Upload your PDF completed design to the ‘Rate My Bike’ area on the site in the community section of the web-site and load your design into the Yamaha R1 category.
2) Email us your design to the email@example.com with the headline Yamaha Livery Design, clearly outlining your name, age, address and contact telephone number.
3) Enter your design via the post by sending us your entry, plus clearly giving us your name, age, address and contact telephone number to MotorCycle News, Yamaha Livery Design Competition, Media House, Lynchwood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA
Entries should be with us no later than Friday, July 11, 2008.
A panel of judges including of course Noriyuki Haga and Troy Corser, Yamaha Motor Europe and MCN will then pick the top five designs. These five will be published both online and at MCN from July 16, 2008. MCN readers will then have two weeks to vote for their favourite design before the voting closes on July 28, 2008.
The winning design will not just be used for the fairings though, n No superbike livery would be complete without a matching set of racing leathers. The winning design will be sent to the Alpinestars factory in Italy where a unique set of leathers for both Troy Corser and Noriyuki Haga will be made. These will be worn for both World Superbike races on September 7 at Donington Park.
The top five winning designers will also be VIP guests of the Yamaha Motor Italia World Superbike Team for the weekend, together with a friend, they will have full paddock access and the chance to go into the pits and see the bikes prepared for racing. They’ll get a chance to meet the riders and feel like part of the team for the day, and of course they’ll be right there at the front when both Noriyuki and Troy’s R1s are revealed wearing the winning design!
So, feeling creative? Get designing and you never know, your talent could be represented by the Yamaha Motor Italia WSB Team at Donington Park this year!
Terms Conditions and design restrictions:
- Only the white areas marked on the fairings may be used for design purposes, no other area of the bike template may be edited.
- The sponsor logos must not be edited, customised or changed in any way during the design process. The finished design should contain the sponsor logos exactly as they appear on the template.
- No further logos or sponsors should be added as part of the design process.
- The rider number in the design template (41) must not be altered in any way and must remain black on a white background as it is found on the original template. This is to comply with racing regulations.
- The competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom.
- Entries from professional designers and/ or design agencies are not allowed, either directly or through a third party (design students are allowed to enter).
- All designs entered will become property of Yamaha Motor Europe N.V, with full usage rights retained.
- Further sponsor logos will be included in the winning design by Yamaha before production.
- Yamaha reserves the right to alter, edit or customise any entered design to meet production requirements.
- Yamaha reserves the right to make any final decisions for any circumstances connected to this promotion, scheduled or unforeseen.
- Any entries not complying with any and all of the above conditions will be rejected.
See page two for Bauer terms and conditions
Yamaha Livery Design competition terms and conditions:
• This Promotions is open to UK residents aged 15 and over.
• The main prize winner will receive their livery design on the WSB R1 Yamaha Bike at Donnington Park from the 5th to 9th Sept 2008 with VIP Hospitality for themselves and a friend with the Yamaha Team for the weekend..
• 4 x Runners up will receive VIP Hospitality for themselves and a friend with the Yamaha Team for the weekend.
• Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
• Bauer Consumer Media and the promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the competition unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
• By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
• It is assumed that by entering competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off. When dates are notified they cannot be altered.
• Depending on the nature of the prize, its use or enjoyment may be subject to further conditions or restrictions.
• Closure date for entries is the 11th July 2008.
• The Winner and runners up will be selected w/c 4th August.
• The Winner and Runners Up will be notified by email or by telephone in the week of the draw. Winner and Runners Up will have 5 days (5) business working days to respond in full to the email or another winner will be drawn.
• By entering the promotion, the winner(s) consent(s) to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and use on the Motorcycle News and Yamaha Website and MCN Newspaper at any time.
• Prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, except employees of Bauer Consumer Media Limited plc, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion. And anyone employed or contracted as a supplier or agent in the production of Motorcycle News Website and Newspaper
• The MCN Editor’s and Yamaha's decision on the competition / promotion winner/s is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
• Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
• Motorcycle News Website will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
The promoter of this competition is Bauer Consumer Media Limited, 21 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2DY
Bauer Consumer Media Limited cannot be held liable for the failure of the competition sponsor to provide a prize in the event of their liquidation / bankruptcy, insolvency. Or change of ownership
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.