Castrol Honda rider Jonathan Rea has taken his second World Superbike win of the season at Imola this afternoon.
Rea took the lead on lap five, but had to hold off PATA Aprilia rider in the second half of the race, as the Japanese rider looked to take his first win onboard the Aprilia.
Championship leader Carlos Checa finished third, nine seconds behind the leading pair. Checa had to wait until the final lap to steal third from Brit Tom Sykes. Factory Yamaha rider Eugene Laverty completed the top five.
Checa has increased his championship lead to 82 points, after championship rival Marco Melandri finished in a lowly eighth.
Brit Leon Haslam - who recently signed a new contract with the factory BMW squad, crashed out of sixth position early in the race.
1. Jonathan Rea (Castrol Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 38'03.396
2. Noriyuki Haga (PATA Racing Team Aprilia) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'03.507
3. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'12.845
4. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team Superbike) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'13.188
5. Eugene Laverty (Yamaha World Superbike Team) Yamaha YZF R1 38'18.095
6. Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'20.216
7. Jakub Smrz (Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'27.623
8. Marco Melandri (Yamaha World Superbike Team) Yamaha YZF R1 38'28.331
9. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team) BMW S1000 RR 38'28.620
10. Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'28.883
11. Mark Aitchison (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'29.544
12. Troy Corser (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 38'29.840
13. Federico Sandi (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 38'33.157
14. Alessandro Polita (Barni Racing Team S.N.C.) Ducati 1098R 38'33.479
15. Leon Camier (Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'38.258
16. Matteo Baiocco (Barni Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 38'43.727
17. Ruben Xaus (Castrol Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 38'47.943
18. Roberto Rolfo (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'53.637
RT. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 14'37.223
RT. Javier Fores (BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team) BMW S1000 RR 11'14.571
RT. Michel Fabrizio (Team Suzuki Alstare) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'52.910
RT. Maxime Berger (Supersonic Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 1'54.522