Imola WSS: Fabien Foret takes victory
Published: 01 April 2012
Intermoto Step Kawasaki rider Fabien Foret won the second World Supersport race of the season and took the lead in the championship standings after championship rival Kenan Sofuoglu was black flagged after failing to take a ride through penalty.
Sofuoglu ran straight on at the final chicane at the end of the first lap while leading, rejoining the race in fifth, but failed to take his ride through penalty.
With Sofuoglu out of the race Brit Sam Lowes took to the front of the pack. Sheridan Morais and Fabien Foret both passed Sam Lowes, but a mistake from Morais and a long look back from Foret enabled Lowes to move back to the front.
Lowes lead the race until WSS veteran Foret took the lead on lap 12. Lowes was unable to retake the lead, despite pushing his Honda CBR600RR hard towards the end of the race.
1. Fabien Foret (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 35'44.653
2. Sam Lowes (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 35'45.227
3. Ronan Quarmby (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'01.919
4. Roberto Tamburini (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 36'01.923
5. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 36'07.606
6. Vladimir Leonov (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 36'10.162
7. Balazs Nemeth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 36'14.695
8. Andrea Antonelli (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 36'17.082
9. Massimo Roccoli (Bike Service - WTR TEN 10) Yamaha YZF R6 36'22.547
10. Sheridan Morais (Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'23.918
11. Alex Baldolini (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 36'31.501
12. Joshua Day (Team GOELEVEN) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'41.332
13. Romain Lanusse (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'42.578
14. Luca Marconi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 36'49.034
15. Jed Metcher (Rivamoto Junior Team) Yamaha YZF R6 36'56.575
16. Cristiano Erbacci (Bike Service - WTR TEN 10) Yamaha YZF R6 36'57.009
17. Martin Jessopp (Riders PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'58.974
18. Lukas Pesek (PRORACE) Honda CBR600RR 37'05.452
19. Yves Polzer (Team MRC Austria) Yamaha YZF R6 35'50.187
20. Broc Parkes (Ten Kate Racing Products) Honda CBR600RR 35'58.300
21. Eduard Blokhin (Rivamoto) Yamaha YZF R6 35'56.664
RT. Dino Lombardi (Team PATA by Martini) Yamaha YZF R6 34'45.909
RT. Fabio Menghi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 32'49.876
RT. Imre Toth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 17'21.835
RT. Jules Cluzel (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 9'29.954
RT. David Làtr (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 2'03.978
EX. Mathew Scholtz (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 22'55.012
EX. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 13'16.988
Share and comment on this article ...