Assen WSB: Lanzi takes maiden supersport win
Published: 22 April 2012
Former factory Ducati WSB rider Lorenzo Lanzi has taken his first supersport win for the Prorace Honda team in wet conditions at Assen today.
Despite starting on the front row, Lanzi got a poor start and had to patiently make his way through the mid pack before he got the chance to take the lead.
Pole setter Sam Lowes got the holeshot and was lapping three seconds faster than the rest of the field when he crashed out of the lead after only a handful of laps. Lowes remounted and clawed his way back to 13th before crashing again. He was unable to remount.
Turk Kenan Sofuoglu finished second after managing to hold off Russian Vladimir Leonov in the latter half of the race.
1. Lorenzo Lanzi (PRORACE) Honda CBR600RR 42'56.376
2. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 43'08.430
3. Vladimir Leonov (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 43'10.836
4. Broc Parkes (Ten Kate Racing Products) Honda CBR600RR 43'20.260
5. Alex Baldolini (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 43'43.439
6. Jules Cluzel (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 43'46.131
7. Andrea Antonelli (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 43'50.226
8. Twan Van Poppel (TRG Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 44'38.881
9. Roberto Tamburini (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 44'49.429
10. Stuart Voskamp (Konvi Racing Team) Suzuki GSX-R600 44'53.818
11. Romain Lanusse (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 44'54.066
12. Thomas Caiani (KUJA Racing) Honda CBR600RR 44'59.931
13. Patrick Jacobsen (Bogdanka Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 43'04.739
14. Luca Marconi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 43'10.371
15. Sheridan Morais (Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 43'15.438
16. Imre Toth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 43'21.107
RT. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 39'47.834
RT. Dino Lombardi (Team PATA by Martini) Yamaha YZF R6 40'57.762
RT. Valentine Debise (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 29'01.269
RT. Fabio Menghi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 27'57.548
RT. Martin Jessopp (Riders PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 20'29.971
RT. Massimo Roccoli (Bike Service - WTR TEN 10) Yamaha YZF R6 25'45.813
RT. Sam Lowes (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 17'20.253
RT. Ronan Quarmby (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 18'40.625
RT. Balazs Nemeth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 14'46.283
RT. Mathew Scholtz (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 13'09.290
RT. Fabien Foret (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 11'27.020
RT. Yves Polzer (Team MRC Austria) Yamaha YZF R6 12'25.153
RT. Joshua Day (Team GOELEVEN) Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'19.110
RT. Jed Metcher (Rivamoto Junior Team) Yamaha YZF R6
Share and comment on this article ...