Following a serious accident in the Australian Supersport race, which resulted in the death of 17 year old Oscar McIntyre, organisers were forced to abandon the Superpole session due to on track investigations by local police.
The Queensland rider was involved in a crash on lap two of the scheduled 12 lap race. MCN would like to express their sincere condolences to his friends and family.
With Superpole cancelled the grid will be the result of the two qualifying sessions meaning that Tom Sykes is on pole position ahead of Carlo Checa, Max Biaggi and Jakub Smrz.
Leon Camier secured a place on the second row in sixth with Jonathan Rea in eighth place. Eugene Laverty is 11th with Leon Haslam 12th.
Chaz Davies will not race after breaking his left wrist during the second qualifying session.
1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'31.323
2. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'31.477
3. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'31.621
4. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'31.783
5. Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'31.832
6. Leon Camier (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'31.904
7. Niccolò Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'31.953
8. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'31.959
9. Maxime Berger (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'31.966
10. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'32.068
11. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'32.069
12. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'32.082
13. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'32.123
14. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'32.198
15. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'32.338
16. Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'32.411
17. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'32.576
18. Bryan Staring (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'32.613
19. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'32.640
20. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'32.703
21. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 1'32.782
22. Joshua Brookes (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'33.384
23. Mark Aitchison (Grillini Progea Superbike Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'33.396
24. Raffaele De Rosa (Team Pro Ride Real Game Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 1'33.401
25. David Johnson (Rossair AEP Racing) BMW S1000 RR 1'33.816