Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty prevailed in the second race at Monza today to take his sixth World Superbike victory and third of the season.
It was another race long battle between Laverty, Marco Melandri, Tom Sykes and Sylvain Guintoli, with Laverty moving in to first place on the penultimate lap.
The Irishman was able to hold his lead and prevent Melandri from taking his second win of the day. The Italian finished second.
Sykes was lucky to finish third after running off the track at one of the chicanes. Sykes was able to rejoin in third place just ahead of fourth place finisher Guintoli.
GoldBet BMW rider Chaz Davies crashed out of fifth place on lap 12.
Pata Honda rider Jonathan Rea retired with a technical problem after completing only four laps.
1. Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia Racing RSV4 30m 59.653s
2. Marco Melandri ITA BMW GoldBet S1000RR HP4 +0.143
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +0.725s
4. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Aprilia Racing RSV4 +1.619s
5. Michel Fabrizio ITA Red Devils Roma RSV4 +9.965s
6. Davide Giugliano ITA Althea Racing RSV4 +10.066s
7. Leon Camier GBR Fixi Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 +12.241s
8. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +29.771s
9. Ayrton Badovini ITA Alstare Ducati 1199 R +35.005s
10. Max Neukirchner GER MR Ducati 1199 R +41.757s
11. Fabrizio Lai ITA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +52.579s
12. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Grillini Dentalmatic BMW S1000RR +1m 28.772s
13. Federico Sandi ITA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1 lap
14. Chaz Davies GBR BMW GoldBet S1000RR HP4 11 laps completed
15. Jonathan Rea GBR Pata Honda CBR1000RR 4 laps completed
16. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Pata Honda CBR1000RR 4 laps completed
17. Mark Aitchison AUS Effenbert Liberty Ducati 1098R 3 laps completed
18. Jules Cluzel FRA Fixi Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1 lap completed