Thruxton race-two winner Cal Crutchlow has set the fastest lap in extremely damp weather conditions in the final free practice session at Oulton Park.
Crutchlow, who had set the top lap yesterday in dry conditions, emulated that performance in today’s delay third Free Practice outing.
The session was delayed after a matter of minutes when fuel was spewed across the circuit.
With the rain falling heavily this morning, any chance of the track drying out were thwarted by more rain mid-session.
And in the difficult conditions Crutchlow set a fastest lap of 1:46.049.
Tom Sykes jumped up to second in the session late on with a 1:46.299 demoting Shane Byrne down to third and the limping Karl Harris o fourth.
Leon Camier continued his good form at the Cheshire circuit with the fifth fastest wet time, and Michael Laverty put some problems from yesterday behind him to tie up the sixth quickest time.
Leon Haslam and MSS Kawasaki’s Billy McConnell rounded out the provisional second row just in front of impressive performances from Tristan Palmer and Guy Martin who ended practice ninth and tenth respectively.
Oulton Park British Superbikes free practice three top 15 results:
1. Cal Crutchlow HM Plant Honda 1:46.049
2. Tom Sykes Rizla Suzuki 1:46.299
3. Shane Byrne Airwaves Ducati 1:46.419
4. Karl Harris Team Yamaha 1:47.389
5. Leon Camier Airwaves Ducati 1:47.565
6. Michael Laverty Relentless Suzuki 1:47.959
7. Leon Haslam HM Plant Honda 1:48.014
8. Billy McConnell MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1:48.568
9. Tristan Palmer Tena for Men Honda 1:48.870
10. Guy Martin Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1:49.267
11. Stuart Easton MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1:49.648
12. Michael Rutter Norh West 200 1:49.733
13. James Ellison Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1:49.745
14. Atsushi Watanabe Rizla Suzuki 1:50.557
15. Chris Burns MV Agusta 1:50.609
16. Tom Tunstall Ice Valley Motorsport Honda