WSS: Smith tops day one in Thailand
Brit Kyle Smith posted the fastest lap of day one on the WorldSSP class at a steamy Chang International Circuit in Thailand, from local rider Decha Kraisart.
Regular rider and near-winner at Phillip Island Lucas Mahias was third fastest, with another top French runner, Jules Cluzel, fourth despite his big crash at PI only two weeks ago.
Fifth for PJ Jacobsen saw him first MV rider home on Friday; Chalermpol Polamai was sixth as the local wildcards made their presence felt.
- Akrapovic add MotoGP style to BMW S1000RR
- EWC: World champion Delhalle dies in testing crash
- Guy Martin's 'Big Build' gathers pace
- New £6745 Harley-Davidson Street Rod
- How to pack light for your trip #ride5000miles
Hikari Okubo placed seventh, Christian Gamarino eighth and eventual top ten rider Kyle Ryde completed the front ‘virtual’ three rows before Superpole qualifying on Saturday.
British rider Gino Rea was tenth and Aussies Aiden Wagner and Lachlan Epis were 15th and 23rd respectively.