MCN Fleet: Loving the thought of a comfy sportsbike
The Supersport S came on the perfectly capable OE Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres. But after 1600 miles, a track day and a touring trip looming I decided to change to the more all-round Metzeler Roadtec 01s (£260).
MORE FROM MCN’S FLEET
- Service time again for the Ninja 650
- KTM 1290 Super Adventure S Electric Dream
- Quick! Clock the miles before the 125 Duke's first service
- Keeping the V-Strom clean - a dirty task!
- GSX-R1000R Brands Hatch on-board lap
The Pirellis have steered sweetly, provided good grip and could have covered more miles but I wanted something that could cope with varied conditions and give some confidence in the wet. I’ve only done about 50 miles on the new rubber, but they’ll face a 1200-mile round trip in a couple of weeks’ time where they will face a tough test. So far the first impressions are good – I feel these tyre are more suited to my sort of riding. Let’s see how they cope in Scotland.