What to do if you disagree with your MoT

Published: 05 August 2009

If you're not happy with the way your MoT test was conducted you should get in contact with your local Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) office, who administer the test.

There should be a poster at the test station with the office address, or you can ring the MoT enquiry line on 0845-600-5977.

You'll also need a form VT17 from the testing station. You've then got 14 working days from the date of issue of the refusal notice to get this form, with a further full test fee, to that VOSA office for them to consider.

VOSA will then offer an appointment within five working days to recheck your bike. If your appeal is successful some, or all of the test fee will be refunded to you.

Don't have your bike repaired before your appeal is considered, as any change to your bike may affect the outcome of the appeal.

For more legal advice visit - Legal Help