Ad closing in seconds....


Published: 12 June 2009

Updated: 19 November 2014

Can any nice person answer a question for me? Ca i ride my m800 in England on a Guernsey provisional licence.

I recently found this in English traffic law does thi mean yes. Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man If you are a visitor in GB and provided your full ordinary licence remains valid, you can drive any category of vehicle shown on your licence for 12 months.

If you are the holder of a vocational licence, you can drive British registered, or vehicles registered outside GB that you have driven into the country, for a period up to 12 months.

If you are resident in GB and the holder of an ordinary driving licence, you may drive for up to 12 months from the time you became resident.

To continue driving after that time your licence must be exchanged for the British equivalent. A licence from Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man can be exchanged for a GB one provided it has been issued since 1 April 1991.

If you are the holder of a vocational licence, you may drive for 12 months and may exchange your vocational entitlement for the British equivalent. Thanks

Bauer Media

Bauer Media Group consists of: Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number: 01176085, Bauer Radio Ltd, Company Number: 1394141
Registered Office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA H Bauer Publishing,
Company Number: LP003328 Registered Office: Academic House, 24-28 Oval Road, London, NW1 7DT.
All registered in England and Wales. VAT no 918 5617 01
Bauer Consumer Media Ltd are authorised and regulated by the FCA(Ref No. 710067)