Britain’s Got Biking Talent with Carole Nash insurance is underway! Since the competition opened last week we’ve had a vast array of entries covering all makes and models, ranging from lightly modified Bandits to fully restored classics. All of which will be in with a chance of winning the top prize.
There’s still loads of time to enter – you have until August 18 – and don’t forget the first 500 entrants receive a free Oxford Cargo net, plus one lucky entrant will win a full set of Oxford Lifetime luggage.
One of the initial entrants that caught our eye was this 2004 Fireblade (far right)built by Norman Burn. Inspired by a model of Valentino Rossi’s 2001 RC211V summer test bike, Burns set about transforming his Honda with PVM wheels, Gia engineering swingarm, HRC inlet trumpets and quickshifter.
How to enter
1) Upload your bike pics, spec and optional video to www.britainsgotbikingtalent.co.uk
2) Expert judges pick the top 10 bikes in each category
3) MCN readers vote to decide the top 12 bikes (for the Carole Nash
calendar) and the overall winner
This competition is for all types of bikes. Our judges will pick the best 10 from the following categories, and then MCN readers will vote for the best two in each section.
1) Street modified – heavily modified unfaired bike (you should still be able to recognise the original bike)
2) Streetfighter – heavily modified unfaired road bike (vastly different from the original bike)
3) Classics – unrestored or modified
4) Choppers and customs
5) Concours and restored – pristine classics/modern classics
6) Other – modern bike with a fairing
Fantastic prizes up for grabs
The overall winner, the owner of 2010’s most beautiful and beguiling bike, will be heading off on a VIP trip to a European MotoGP of their choice – courtesy of Pole Position Travel (www.polepositiontravel.com). The package includes flights, accommodation, grandstand seats, party invitation and a paddock pass.
A trip for two to the French Battlefields with MCi Tours (www.mcitours.com), or £500 off a fly-ride package – £250 discount per person.
Capture third spot and you’ll be hitting any one of the five UK Club MSV circuits (www.clubmsv.co.uk) to enjoy a track day. Choose between Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park, or Bedford Autodrome.
A FREE Oxford Cargo net for each and every one of the first 500 entrants, plus one lucky entrant will win Oxford Lifetime luggage worth over £300.