ARM1: The story of one man's return to biking
It takes a certain kind of person to lose a limb in a motorcycle accident and be back in the saddle just six months later. Chris Ganley is that type of person.
A road accident which resulted in the loss of his left arm wasn't enough to put Chris off motorcycling: "Having the freedom of the road - there's just nothing that compares. I couldn't leave it. I couldn't let it go," he states in the film.
The short film above, shot by four brothers based in New York, tells the story of how Chris got back on his bike and back on track.
Having got back on a bike just six months after the accident, Chris is planning to go further still, aiming to race at the Isle of Man TT on his modified Yamaha R1. Chris already has his ACU licence and is currently working on improving his track riding.
- Honda resume full production at earthquake damaged factory
- BSB: Byrne out for first Cadwell win since 2003
- 213.3mph wheelie sensation
- Triumph record attempt set for September
- Moto2: Rookie to MotoGP progression plan for KTM