DVSA develop MoT reminder service
The DVSA have developed an MoT reminder service that will tell people their vehicle’s test is soon to expire. When signed up, users will receive an email one month before the expiry date and another two weeks before if they have still not had the vehicle tested.
The DVSA have developed the service after research showed upto 28% of cars on the road are due an MoT, with the vast majority of those due to owners forgetting to re-test their vehicle. If you want to sign up to the service all you need is your email address and vehicle registration.
- News podcast episode 12: More new Harley-Davidsons and used V-twins
- MV Agusta Dragster 800RR is now even better l
- 5 tips to keep new riders safer on the road sides
- Help find Britain's best biking hero!
- A buzz about this BMW electric custom
The service is still undergoing testing, but you can sign up to give it a try and provide feedback.
There are currently around 26,000 users signed up to the service, and the DVSA are already working on adding new features from the feedback they've received, such as adding MoT reminders by text and letting drivers input their vehicle details before they’re due their first MoT.