Two-storey extension for Sammy Miller Museum
The Sammy Miller Museum has received planning permission for a 10,000sqft two-storey extension. The museum was able to gain the permission, itself difficult as the site is on greenbelt land, after they were able to demonstrate the extension would give the venue some much-needed space.
The extension will allow the museum to add many more exhibits as well as increase the size of the library, archive and catalogue display facilities.
Sammy himself was pleased with the news saying: "I am delighted that approval has been given for our extension, the museum continues to grow and flourish and the extra display and archive area will be such a great asset."
MORE FROM MCN
- Best 11 motorcycle museums (you can ride to)
- Ride a priceless classic with the National Motorcycle Museum
- John Haynes dies aged 80
Visitors to the Stafford Show on April 27-28 will be able to see the plans, as well as a 1955 Norton Model F and 1953 Norton Kneeler, on the Footman James stand.
Sammy Miller Museum info
- Location: Bashley Cross Roads, Hampshire
- How to get there: Find the A3055 between Southampton and Bournemouth
- Why go: This museum is a collection of motorcycle legend Sammy Miller’s bikes and is a fantastic walk through two-wheeled road and race history. Every bike is a runner and Sammy regularly fires them up for demonstration events all over the Europe.
- Contact: www.sammymiller.co.uk
- Prices: Adult £9, Child (7-16) £3
- Opening times: 7 days a week, 10am – 4:30pm