MCN advice: How Coronavirus is affecting motorbike events
MCN is compiling a list of motorbike events that have been affected by the outbreak of Coronavirus. Check here before setting out or striking it off your calendar.
While most motorcycling events won’t be taking place following the latest advice from the Government, many are moving to dates in the future and there are many more that are still in the planning stages. We’ll attempt to publish the most up to date information here.
Related articles on MCN
- How Coronavirus is affecting the motorbike industry
- What the Budget really means for bikers
- Big changes to lid laws incoming
If you’re an organiser of an event and want it added to this directory please email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'event change' in the subject line.
- Thailand MotoGP - March 20-22 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- 81st Pioneer Run by Sunbeam Motor Cycle Club – March 22 – cancelled.
- Gingers Easter Egg Weekend - March 27-29 - cancelled.
- WSB Jerez - March 27-29 - postponed to October 23-25.
- Goodwood Members' Meeting - March 28-29 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- Darley Moor Road Race meeting - March 28-29 - cancelled.
- Penrith Autojumble - March 29 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- BSB test, Silverstone - April 1-2 - cancelled.
- VMCC Rider Experience Day at Curborough – April 4 – cancelled.
- CMA Leicester Easter Egg Run – April 4 – cancelled.
- Peterborough HOG Easter Egg Run – April 5 – cancelled.
- Nottinghamshire Motorcycle Easter Egg Run – April 5 – cancelled. Further information will follow as soon as possible regarding any contingency measures to deliver eggs already purchased.
- Squires Easter Egg Run – April 5 – cancelled.
- Festival of Power, Santa Pod - April 10-12 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- BSB Round 1, Silverstone - April 10-12 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- Carronvalley MCC Easter Charity Run - April 12 - cancelled, but raffle and Auction to raise funds for Children’s Hospices Across Scotland going ahead as planned.
- Le Mans 24-hour FIM Endurance World Championship - April 18-19 - postponed to August 29-30.
- Indian Motorcycle Flat Track Nationals - April 18-19 – cancelled.
- Yamaha Racing Experience, Misano - April 20-21 - cancelled.
- Stafford Classic Bike Show (and Bonhams Spring Stafford Sale) – April 24-26 – postponed until June 12-13 (Friday-Saturday) at Stafford County Showground.
- Royal Enfield One Ride - April 25-26 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- Welsh National Rally - May 2 - postponed until October 3.
- Classicwise Collection Notts Classic Car and Motorcycle Show - May 3 - postponed until August 30-31.
- Classic Motorcycle Day - May 3 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- Scottish Six Day Trial - May 4-6 - cancelled.
- NSRA Nostalgia Nationals Santa Pod - May 8-10 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- Backfire Race the Waves 2020 - May 9-10 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- InSpire 2020 Ride-in - May 10 - postponed to August 30.
- NW200 - May 10-16 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- The Quail Motorcycle Gathering – May 14-15 – postponed until next year, tickets on sale October.
- Devitt MCN Festival of Motorcycling - May 16-17 - postponed until September 19-20.
- Bike Shed London Show, Tobacco Dock - May 22-24 - cancelled
- FIA/FEM Main Event European Championships, Santa Pod - May 22-25 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este - May 22-24 - postponed until October 16-18.
- Iron Butt Jorvick Rally - May 23 - postponed until October 24
- Margate Meltdown Run, Ace Cafe - May 25 - cancelled.
- RWYB Santa Pod - May 30 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- Bromyard Speed Festival, Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb - May 31 - postponed until 2021.
- Banbury Run VMCC - May 31 - postponed until August 16.
- Isle of Man TT - May 30 - June 13 - cancelled.
- Yamaha Racing Experience, Le Mans - June 25-26 - cancelled.
- Goodwood Festival of Speed - July 9-12 - postponed, new date to be confirmed.
- World Ducati Week - July 17, 18, 19 - cancelled.
- Gloucestershire Vintage & Country Extravaganza - July 31 - cancelled.
- Malle Mile - 24-26 July - postponed to September 26.
- WSB Magny-Cours - 27-29 September - postponed to October 2-4 due to MotoGP clash.
- Oulton Park BSB - May 1-3 postponed. No new date yet set.
- Donington Park BSB - May 22-24 postponed. No new date yet set.
Coronavirus racetrack shutdown
MotorSport Vision (MSV) has confirmed that as of 6pm on Monday, March 23, all circuit activity at its six venues will cease until the end of April. The decision comes following an earlier call to halt all motor racing activity until the same date, which has now been pushed back to the end of May, and will see Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and Bedford Autodrome terminate any further action.
Alongside all MSV tracks, Mallory Park, Anglesey, Pembrey, Thruxton and Knockhill have also confirmed that track action will be postponed, with Mallory, Pembrey and Thruxton holding off until May 1 at the earliest and Anglesey set to release further information soon. Knockhill closed its doors on Sunday, March 22 for an initial period of two weeks.
Alongside traditional trackdays, it was also announced earlier today that the Donington Park-based Ron Haslam Race School will suspend all activity until further notice.